Followers

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Crack me up...

Shamefully, I admit I have not been over to 32 poems blog for a while. See what happens when you neglect to read a truly worthwhile blog for a few days.... you risk missing good stuff.

Good stuff in this case is Deborah Ager's link to Charles Jensen's Definitive List of Problems with American Poetry. Well, be warned. This is "to-bust-a-gut" material.

Gee, where would I start with the best of this piece. I do like the decoder rings... but you gotta love the Poetry created outside of academia fitting into one of two new genres of writing: greeting cards or word noise.

Follow the link and read the whole thing for yourself. (Did I just encourage people to leave my site?) OK, go read it, but come right back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention!

Michael A. Wells said...

Ah, don't mention it... I always enjoy your site. That is one of the reasons it is linked permently on my sidebar. :)