Followers

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Weekend Mailbag...

Saturday I received the newest Poets & Writers magazine. A variety of irritating campaign mail. Irritating because much of it was "stock crap" put out by the Missouri State Republican party that they are mailing against most Democratic candidates and it has a vary unsavory message that evidently they believe the majority of the public is dumb enough to by into.

Friday, another poetry postcard from Ivy. I'm so confused. We are doing Tuesday's and this was the third such poem this month from her. She's ahead of me! She evidently is writing in the future and sending them back in time. I do well enough to do them on time. Yikes! More on the postcard poetry later this week.

No rejections.... no acceptance letters.



Tomorrow night is Open Mic @ Writers Place.

Writer's Place
8:00pm
3607 Pennsylvania
Kansas City MO 64111

3 comments:

Ivy said...

It is I, the one who writes poetry from the future...

Not really. I first sent to you a long poem, which I split up and sent on two postcards. Just think of it as a bonus round. :-)

And I have your postcard poem, Coming Out. I like the image on the front, and the fact that your poem responds to it so closely. Hurray!

Michael A. Wells said...

Ivy... You are totally correct. For a moment I the last poem I wrote had totally eclipsed in my mind. I guess because the second one "Only for the Moment" was still fres in my thoughts because we had talked about it at my last writers group.

I was aware of the two post care poem (the first one) being altogether. Actually that one... the "Five Minute Call" was my favorite!

Michael A. Wells said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.